There is a lot of competition for website visitors these days. Even if you have a beautiful website, you have to make sure that you are found by others and if yo are a local business, you have to be sure that you are found by the right people, in your location.
The data shows that local consumers are searching for local businesses on their smartphones and on the go and they’re searching on search engines, like Google or Bing. You need to be optimizing your website to start getting a share of local search engine traffic!
Here are some easy to implement tips to start optimizing your website for local search:
- Have consistent information about your business everywhere. That means any online space that you are on, like social media sites or local directories such as Yelp. Make sure that your name, address and phone number are exactly the same. Also, the more places that you are listed, the stronger your search will be.
- Make sure you’ve claimed or listed your business on local directory sites such as Google+, Yelp, etc. Add photos, videos and your website URL to your listings.
- Ask for reviews on local sites. You can’t specifically ask for Yelp reviews but for sites such as Google, Bing or Yelp Local, you are allowed to ask your customers for reviews. These reviews give your business and website more credibility.
- Regularly check in on social media. Search engines love social media! Social media is a great way to rank on search engines. Also, using your keywords in your social media will help your rankings. For example, adding a caption of “Come visit us for the best Italian food in Farmingdale!” will add strength to your business’s search because people are searching “Italian food in Farmingdale.”
- Content marketing is extremely helpful when it comes to SEO. It doesn’t need to be a long post and you don’t need to post every day but adding a blog once a week can have a big impact on your website!
Managing a website and SEO might seem like an exhausting job when you already run a brick and mortar store but in this internet, it’s absolutely vital for your success! Making these small changes and adjustments and keeping better track of your local website’s listings will help bring you more visitors, more traffic and more sales!